Refer a GP scheme
What is it?
Refer a GP scheme is a way for you to introduce colleagues to the many benefits of being a member of our society, and by doing this – you could enjoy an entire year’s membership for free!
If you are happy with our service, let your fellow GPs know and tell them about us! For every referred GP who becomes a member, you will earn the equivalent of 5% of your current fee as credit, which will be applied to your next year’s subscription. Twenty referred new members will cover the equivalent of 100% of your current fee, which means that your next year’s membership could be entirely free!
How does it work?
This scheme is open to all individual members. You can introduce as many GPs as you like, and for each GP who becomes a member, you will be given the equivalent of 5% of your current annual membership fee as a discount at renewal. As your fee may vary throughout the year (if your working pattern/hours change), we will look at your annual statement at the end of the year, and apply the earned discount percentage to the final annual total. The monetary equivalent will be deducted from your renewal fee. If your working pattern remains unchanged –your membership fee could be entirely covered by the ‘refer a GP’ discount!
If you would like to refer a GP, please click the link below. Fill in the fields in the form with your own name and membership number, and the email address of the GP you would like to refer. Once the form is submitted, your colleague will receive a link in their email. The link will open an application form for their use, which is linked with your personal referral code. This way we will know your colleague was referred to us by you. Your 5% is redeemable as soon as the colleague has been a member with us for 3 months.
Referral link: https://survey.zohopublic.eu/zs/zOB8hg
Scheme terms and conditions;
- The scheme is available to all individual members
- 5% reward of your current annual membership fee will be given to you as a discount at renewal for each GP who will take an annual membership with us. The discount becomes redeemable once the colleague has been a member for 3 consecutive months.
- You can earn up to 100% monetary equivalent to be applied to your renewal fee during any membership year.
- The 5% discount will only apply when referral link has been used to apply for membership with us. It cannot be redeemed retrospectively for GPs who have used the application form on our website without the referral link.
- The total redeemable discount will be calculated at the end of your membership year, and is based on the total fees paid that year. You can earn up to 100% of your current annual fee for referrals that become approved and redeemable. The monetary value of this will be applied to your renewal fee only – the reward has no other monetary value, and no rebates can be given from it.
- In the event of cancellation or changed (reduced hours) of membership where this has been wholly or partly covered by the referral discount -no rebates will be given from the part covered by the discount.
- The discount will be used as the first paid part of your renewal fee.
- If more than one member refers the same GP, the discount will be applied to the member whose referral code is linked with the application.
- The discount only applies once to each new member.
- Discounts can only be applied from referred GPs who have not been active members of Medical Defense Society previously.
- Any discount, which has not reached ‘Redeemable’ status by the end of your membership year (when the total discounts will be calculated), can be rolled over into the subsequent year.
- No cash alternative can be made.
- Any rebates required for a previous membership year at renewal must be requested prior to redeeming the discount, and prior to the discount having been applied to renewal fee.